Diya Ghar is an NGO with a heart for the migrant community. The NGO has worked with over 600 children to help receive a strong foundation in preschool education. It has been impacting over 300 preschool students and more families through the provision of education, nutrition, hygiene kits, medical support, and counselling. As a result, these children have had a better chance at continuing their education either at a government-run or private school. Diya Ghar partners with sponsors to support children’s needs of education and nutrition.
Gubbachi Learning Community
Gubbachi has been working for educational inclusion of migrant and underprivileged children since 2015. It aims at foundational literacy and numeracy in government-run schools from grade 1 to 3 through organising and managing empowerment programs in migrant communities. Gubbachi has been running two bridge centres and four government-run school programs, impacting 450+ children and 6 migrant communities (350+ families) every year.
Magic Poshan is the journey of three childhood friends trying to put their love for food by providing good sources of nutrition to the underprivileged children of our communities. It believes in spreading magic through happy and healthy smiles.
Vonisha Service Foundation aims to empower the lives of underprivileged communities and break the cycle of ignorance and poverty. Vonisha broadly operates in the fields of education, health, sports, and environment. It runs bridge programs for children who come from underprivileged backgrounds and/or dropped out of school, by nurturing them in fundamental education, life skills, values, sports, environment, skill development and career training.
- Seva Ashram – in the slums (Srirampura, Bangalore)
- Radiant School of Learning (Doddigunta Slum, Bangalore)
- Snehadeep Trust – an association for the visually challenged (Hutchins Road, Bangalore)
- Lisa’s Home – a home for women with special needs
- Sri Rama’s Elders’ Ashram (Malleswaram, Bangalore)
- IJAM (Kammanahall, Bangalore)
- Amara Soundarya Trust – a school for children with special needs
- Manna School of Special Education
We-Mana in Crises
- More than 1.5 lakhs bars have been distributed till date, in partnership with NGO’s that have worked with guest workers. We-Mana continues to provide increasing numbers till date.
- Worked on a project in partnership with UNICEF and the Government of Karnataka, providing 10,000 bars to children, pregnant, and lactating mothers among our guest workers on their journey back home.
- Donated bars to frontline workers in Bangalore via the COVID Response Team.
- Wisdom School – Nutrition Awareness – Seminar for the students (January 2020)
- Infosys – Nutrition for You and Your Family – Seminar for the employees (September 2019)
- National Law School – Presentation regarding urban-rural divide – For the student exchange program (May 2019)
- Balasevika – Training in Nutrition & Community Health (March 2019)
- Manna Special Needs School – Nutrition Awareness – Seminar for the parents of students (September 2018
- St. Anne’s College – Entrepreneurship & its Challenges – For the students (January 2021)
- UNDP – Entrepreneurship Development (June 2021)
- Gubbachi Community Workers – Importance of Nutrition in the Community (September 2020)
- Feather Touch Group Play School – Nutrition for You and Your Family – Seminar for the parents (April 2020)